and around the world

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mail from Megan Part II

Hey everyone... I just have to tell you how I typed this email the other day, and it erased, so I gave up. Share in my frustration! I also wanted to say sorry if you got this twice, I sent these to different people everytime...don't be angry!

Well we are still in Krakow, and will be here until Saturday morning. THe pope will speak saturday night... we were bummed! Let's see... I have given up on the language, except for thank you and bathroom. :) Everyone speaks english well enough, and we kinda stand out as Americans.

Yesterday we painted a fence for a lady. it was sweet.... Oh yeah (sorry) the population is like a million people here, something like 90% catholic, and only 350 "christians" The few here are looked at as a cult. So our main mission is to encourage the few christians... The people are amazing. The culture is so different from ours. It is reserved and everyone keeps to themselves. When I walk down the street, no one makes eye contact... to me this is sad, but it is just how it is. YOu can imagine how we stick out!

Sweet things have been happening though. The group was sitting in a park worshiping and this lady just cam up ans sat down. She said she couldn't pass the bright circle we had formed.

Today we had an outreach at a part of the University, where I spent the entire day talking with this couple. THey were so cute. Then half of our group went to a english converstaion class. I talk to two 16 year old girls for a long time... They were amazing. Another problem over here is the way women look at themselves. Eating disorders are HUGE! When I asked what their favorite food was, one girl said she didn't like to eat becasue she wanted to keep her figure! I was broken! Honestly I haven't seen one over weight women yet, seriously!! It's sad!

I hope everyone is having a great time in the states!! For those on summer vacation, I hope you are enjoying it, and for those still in school, good luck with finals, and those who are working... um have fun? In any case i love you all!! God bless and I miss you!

Mean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home