and around the world

Monday, May 29, 2006

zaczek


ahoj friends and family. i found this picture on flickr of the hostel we stayed at in krakow. our beloved zaczek. and since i havent uploaded any pics yet ill have to pirate this one. anyhoo there wont be proper punctuation in this post bc im lazy. we just got back from a gypsy outreach today and i was in heaven. by the way, we are in slovakia now for the second full day. yesterday we had church and it was incredible. Gods spirit moved in powerful ways as always. my slovak is improving in leaps and bounds. people talk to me as if im a native and i have to stop them and remind them to speak slowly. today we had a powerful time of devotions in the church. we had worship and prayed together then the pastor told us his vision for his church and also a little about the gypsy people. i couldnt believe it as God recounted the events in my mind of the past year. He gave me a dream a year ago to partner with a woman named stanya who is a gypsy woman who got saved through our ministry in banovce three years ago. i sent a support letter to peter telling him about this dream i had but i thought it would be far, far into the future. i am not very good at dreaming. then as i sat and listened to pastor Rasto speak God showed me that He gave me this dream, then last year in sk during worship He told me He wanted me to spend this whole summer in sk. then i found out i couldnt stay with sara since she is moving to greece with the slovak missionaries. then i found out the my friend majo will go to ireland for the summer which allowed me to stay with daska, his mom. rasto said that stanya is a gift from God and that she now works with about 15 gypsy kids doing bible studies etc. i wept as i saw my dream coming into fruition and everyone is already excited and thankful that i am here to help. tonight i saw the need once again firsthand. they need Jesus. so, so much.

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 10:32 PM, Blogger KrystyKay said...

Oh, my friends, I miss you and am so proud of you for all that you are doing and for all that you are. I LOVE YOU HEAPS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home