and around the world

Thursday, April 27, 2006

do svidania


IMG_0834
Originally uploaded by lancefisher.
yesterday we put my cousin, jamey, on a plane to st petersburg, russia for a year. the departure was bittersweet because, yes, she will be gone for a year, but she is finally getting to do what she has dreamed of for a decade or so now. she'll be teaching photography in a school in st petersburg while working with missionaries there as well. i believe she's there now. arrived this morning after what was sure to have been a bear of a flight. mine was when i went. she, like me, arrives just in time for the famous white nights. she'll have a little more time before they're in full swing, though. i loved them. then again, i can sleep in broad daylight. or night light.

3 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

I'm so glad for Jamey. I gave here the number for posting audioblogs here, so hopefully she'll be able to leave us some messages. We'll have to mail her some fish tacos because I'm pretty sure the closest Taco del Sol for her is in Durbin, South Africa.

 
At April 28, 2006 6:18 AM, Blogger lafalda said...

you seriously looked that up, didn't you?:)

 
At April 28, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

Well, I didn't look it up, I'm guessing on that. There could be a closer one. You know they have that photo in Taco del Sol taken in Durbin. I'll take a photo of it next time I'm in there if I remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home