and around the world

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mail from Megan Part I

Hey there. I just got some forwarded messages from Megan the Red that she sent out from the Poland/Slovakia trip. I'm posting them here for you to read. Enjoy.

-Lance

Hello everyone! WELCOME HOME BETHANY!!! ( I guess we switched places) Send this to anyone who might want it, if I missed them!! Sorry if that is you

Well I am here in Poland after like 30 hours straight of travel! It was sweet as you can imagine! Yep we are all tired and haven't done much yet. Yesterday was our first "day". We went to the Plaza and to a church to work on our dramas, testimonies, and worship. I wanted to do the testimony part, but somehow people pressured me into the stupid drama... no it really isn't that bad, you all know how I love acting! We have until next friday here then we move to Slovakia!

This morning we prayer walked around a park right outside of our hotel (a dorm for college students). In a little over a week the Pope will be here.. Now a little history that we learned is.... The last Pope was Polish, and actually lived here in the town we are in. THe new Pope is German. Bottom line if this "meeting" doesn't go well many people will leave the Catholic church, only God knows if that is a good thing or not. So all we can do is pray.

The language is difficult! I am frustrated, but the majority of poland knows english. In our little intro paper I was reading on how not to be loud because this is like shouting "I'm an American" Well I know you are laughing, but this is hard for me too!

I can't think of anything else to share... you should all go to Nicoles concert though... pretend that I am there laughing with you! I love you all and miss you!

Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home