and around the world

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Fall Retreat update

Besides being nestled in the most beautiful part of the world and being able to have the most amazing encounter with God this weekend, I guess you could say that Fall Retreat was 'okay'. Actually, I jest. Fall retreat was UNBELIEVABLE. I literally had one of the best weekends in my Chi Alpha career and would gladly wager that all who attended would agree it was 'pretty good'.





I mean, let's look at it objectively. There were s'mores, late night card games, a hot tub in the sanctuary, a number of dead animals around the fire place, an unbelievable abundance of brownies, a ton of great people to get to know and a ten minute drive to the greatest national park on Earth! Could you really ask for anything more?

How about a phenomenal speaker who articulated the very Father heart of God? How about a time of worship that brought you into the Holy of Holies? How about people following Christ in water baptism? How about the sweetest presence of God that brought everyone to their knees? How about a Holy Spirit encounter that set people free and healed people's hearts? To be honest, it had been a while since I had sensed Jesus in such a beautiful way, and it simply wet my appetite for more of Him... so as I was saying, Fall Retreat was UNBELIEVABLE!

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2005 11:41 AM, Blogger XAgirl said...

'Pretty good' is an understatement! I'll shout a mighty "Amen!" to the 'unbelievable'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home