and around the world

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

UM XA Flickr Group

Hey there blog readers! Did you know that we have our very own Flickr group? What is Flickr you say? Well, it's a great photo sharing website. You can upload all those great photos you take and share them with the world! Or just your friends and family if you like.

On Flickr we created our own group for Chi Alpha, so if you take some sweet photos at SALT, on a mission trip, or even just around town with XA friends, you can add them to our group. Then, they magically show up on the website and blog! Pretty cool, eh? Yeah, I thought so too. So far we have 13 members, but more are definitely welcome. In fact, please sign up so we don't have such an unlucky number :)

There is also a national Chi Alpha Flickr group, and they would love your photos too.

So here's what you do.
  1. Sign up for Flickr
  2. Upload some photos
  3. Join our Flickr group
  4. Add some photos to our group (you go to the photo's page and above the photo there is a send to group button)
That's it! I'll be sure to comment on any new member photos I see. If you have any questions, post them in the comments here.

    2 Comments:

    At January 31, 2008 9:51 PM, Blogger sylvia said...

    thanks for writing this Lance. :) i was just about to, but you are the granddaddy of us all in the flickr thing, right? :)

     
    At February 04, 2008 10:59 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

    Hey Sylvia! My first flickr post was with my camera phone way back in May 2005 before Yahoo bought them. Three years on the Internet is ancient! :P

    I was looking for a way to post pictures to my blog. Of course, now you can do that directly, but I think I like flickr more than blogging.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home